
Wow! Steve and I had a fantastic time at Disney's Tower of Terror 13k. We headed there immediately following my class on Saturday and checked into the Boardwalk Inn. This hotel is fantastic and I swear has the most comfortable beds at Disney. We had a room with a beautiful balcony that overlooked the gardens. Upon arrival, we took a nice long nap until 5pm. The run began at 9pm and we had no idea how to plan for dinner. We ended up grabbing sandwiches along the Boardwalk but I was too nervous to eat much. Since I am usually a morning runner, I eat only an itty bitty before my runs. I didn't know how to plan for an evening run. I paid for this in the end because I was zapped afterwards. Honestly, I'm not sure if it was running to nearly 11pm or having very little to eat the day of but I definitely created a new personal worse for time. However, it was a personal best for after race fun! Steve and I were able to head out on the rides, grab a beer (or two), and then make our way back to the hotel room to catch some zzzzzs around midnight. I made every effort to sleep in on Sunday but it was futile. I just cannot sleep in anymore. What has happened to me? It was a great time! I'm not sure whether we will continue the tradition next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment